Pages

Tasty and Easy

Breads Cakes Chicken Cookies Desserts Drinks Eggs Fish & Seafoods Kuih Meat Muffins Pasta and Noodles Rice Breads Vegetables

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What is Bain Marie?


Assalamualaikum... 
I had a blast in the library last Monday.. wow.. in the library? Do they have roller coaster in there? hehe.. No.. I just love to be surrounded by thousands of books.. especially books with a lot of beautiful pictures since I'm not really like too many words in one page.. haha
Considering myself as a newbie in cooking world, I came across new word when I browsed a recipe book and this word will be added into my CookiNg with L.O.V.E vocabulary. hehe..
Can I have a drumroll please? hehehe .... and the word is: 'Bain Marie'.
Bain Marie is a cooking technique whereby a container of ingredients is placed in shallow bath of warm water. This method is used in cooking dishes like custards or melting chocolates. 
Also known as a water bath. Oh, I know this.. but this is something new for me to know the other term of it.. and it in French.. (again) A lot of people like french words.. hehe


Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, 
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy 


Have a great day,

3 comments:

  1. haha you do love books eh? can have a blast somemore =P

    kenwooi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.. i love books with a lot of pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    That's nice idea with books...I really appreciate the things you share via blog post. Keep sharing.
    Cooking Sous Vide
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails